This article will specifically focus on cleaning a wall-to-wall carpet and is part of Zarif Carpets‘ collection of articles related to wall-to-wall carpets. Discover more articles related to the subject on our ‘All About Wall-to-wall Carpet‘ page.
If you are not familiar with the topic of wall-to-wall carpet, we recommend checking out our guide ‘Wall-to-wall Carpets: What You Should Know‘ first.
Cleaning a wall-to-wall carpet is a crucial task, especially for housewives. Generally, you don’t need to bother too much to maintain this type of carpet. It’s easy to keep clean; however, it is crucial to know how and how often it should be vacuumed weekly. In the following sections, we have provided some tips on cleaning a wall-to-wall carpet:
Cleaning a Needle-felt Wall-to-wall Carpet
Needle-felt wall-to-wall carpets, due to their low pile height and texture, generally do not require frequent cleaning, perhaps once or twice a month. The frequency of cleaning can be influenced by the traffic in the area, but for residential use, that number of times should be sufficient. The cleaning can be done by a regular vacuum cleaner.
Cleaning a Tufted Wall-to-wall Carpet
Tufted wall-to-wall carpets, due to their high pile height, require more attention. Like needle-felt carpets, they can be cleaned by a regular vacuum cleaner, but there are some tips that should be considered:
- First, it is better to remove large pieces of trash from the floor. Doing this will prevent the spreading of trash.
- Vacuum cleaners have different floor nozzles (head), it is better to use the normal head for cleaning tufted wall-to-wall carpets. If your vacuum cleaner has adjustable height settings, set it to the appropriate level for your carpet pile. For high-pile or plush carpets, raise the height to allow for easy maneuverability without causing excessive friction.
- When vacuuming, it is advisable to move from top to bottom without turning back. Vacuuming the carpet diagonally is not recommended.
- Vacuuming slowly helps to absorb dust more effectively.
- It is better to minimize the frequency of vacuuming as much as possible, in residential areas like homes, once a week is recommended.
Removing a Stain From Wall-to-wall Carpet
One of the most frequent questions that housewives ask is how to remove different types of stains from their wall-to-wall carpet. These carpets are highly likely to get messy, so if you don’t remove the stain, it could decrease your carpet’s lifespan:
Removing a Coffee or Tea Stain
For tea or coffee stains, you should take action quickly because these kinds of stains are absorbed by the carpet fast. First, you need to absorb the moisture of the stain by something like a piece of cloth. Then, use a combination of vinegar, salt, and baking soda to try to remove it.
Removing a Chewing Gum Stain
The next type of stain is a chewing gum stain, which can be painfully annoying. It is a very common issue in houses with little children. To remove the stain from the carpet, first place a cloth on the stain, then place a hot iron on it to lift the gum off the carpet, Of course you can try ice too.
As mentioned, cleaning your wall-to-wall carpet is an important concern. It becomes even more vital when a stain shows up! In this article, we discussed how to vacuum a wall-to-wall carpet and remove some common stains, such as tea, coffee, and chewing gum. For more tutorials check out Zarif Carpets’ YouTube Channel.